Life is stressful. From infancy forward, you are faced with emotional and mental stressors. Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all guide to processing and handling this stress. Whether it’s anxiety, depression, fear, loneliness or self-doubt – strengthening your mental health is the first step to managing what seems unmanageable.
So many things in life can trigger emotional challenges – too much change, problems parenting children, loss of loved ones, fears about growing older, financial problems, difficulties at work or in a relationship and more. Every situation is different and overwhelming in its own right; however, counseling and therapy can help you find what you need to manage and cope, as well as establish tactics to help you feel less overwhelmed and powerless.
Talking to a professional can help you process events and circumstances that seem overwhelming – both big and small. Whether you are facing long term care for aging parents while juggling a life already full of parenting, work and everyday demands or dealing with an unsatisfying or unhealthy relationship, counseling and therapy can help. It will guide you through the process of healing and handling by addressing the emotional stressors holding you back and providing tools to help you cope and thrive.
Individual Counseling & Therapy Will Help You:
- Understand family-of-origin patterns of relating and behaving and how they impact your internal and external viewpoints
- Improve self-esteem so that you can trust yourself and feel worthy
- Learn what trips your internal reactivity and what to do differently to manage feelings of powerlessness and helplessness
- Gain tools to manage anxiety and stress in a productive, self-soothing way
- Understand the vulnerable feelings that lie beneath anger and how to manage them
- Learn skills to manage conflict in your relationships
- Learn to set appropriate boundaries with others and strengthen empowerment
- Take better care of yourself so that you can take better care of others
- Grow your support system
- Set goals to find greater happiness in life
- Assess problems with self-medication and seek productive alternatives
There is light at the end of the tunnel – you just need some help reaching it. Click here to set up a session or simply ask more questions.